For many businesses, the recent algorithm changes in Facebook’s News Feed forced a decision on whether to remain active...
- Responsive web design – Internet access in general and visits to your site specifically via mobile devices will increase steadily as computing moves toward always-on tablets and smart phones. Responsive design architecture will allow your site to deliver a positive experience for mobile users whether the interface occurs through a large monitor or a small iPhone screen. Because the search engines are also interested in an optimized user experience, dynamic sites with responsive web design architecture will be rewarded with higher search rankings.
- Optimizing for Google’s new search paradigm – In the third quarter of 2013, Google switched out its existing algorithm for determining search rankings for a new one. One of the biggest changes implemented in the Hummingbird update, in terms of SEO strategies, was the shift of focus from specific keywords to the full context of search terms. The change was fomented by the increasing use of questions by mobile device users as search terms, primarily through voice commands. Successful SEO strategies will now have to optimize for longer phrases that answer questions about their products rather than building campaigns based around keywords that drive traffic. One of the biggest opportunities presented by this change is that companies that can define the most common questions asked just before purchases can position themselves on results pages at exactly the time when consumers are ready to buy.
- Social media is not a plug and play channel – Facebook and Twitter have been long standing default choices for businesses seeking social media exposure, but both platforms present challenges in terms of generating revenues. Before dedicating resources to these platforms, look for “social shopping” sites like Wanelo and Poshmark and/or networks that are dedicated to specific interests that include your products and services. These smaller sites can put your business in a position where it is communicating with a receptive audience versus one that is more interested in sharing pictures of food and cats.
The Gervais Group, an industry leader in the provision and execution of results-based strategies in search engine optimization (SEO), web design, and e-commerce, is pleased to announce its return to Las Vegas to participate in Nationwide Marketing Group’s bi-annual “Prime Time!” buying show and members’ conference. The event, which takes place at The Venetian, begins on Sunday March 9th and runs through Wednesday, March 12th, 2014.
Headquartered in Atlanta Georgia since its founding in 2001, the Gervais Group has been designing and implementing comprehensive web-based strategies for the members of Nationwide Marketing Group since earning preferred provider status in 2012. These customized strategies encompass all aspects of marketing and selling products and services on the web while simultaneously driving targeted consumers to clients’ physical storefronts as well.
Nationwide Marketing Group’s core services are designed to benefit a membership that is made up of independent store owners specializing in appliances, furniture, consumer electronics, custom installation, and rent to own programs. One of the key benefits delivered by Nationwide Marketing Group, which is the largest group of its kind in North America, is the inclusion of its members in specialized buying groups which facilitates product discounts and rebates based on aggregated purchase orders. The aggregation of members’ purchase orders results in pricing and volume-based rebates that are competitive with those of national franchises.
Jason Gervais, the Senior Project Manager of the Gervais Group, said, “Nationwide Marketing Group’s ‘Primetime!’ conferences offer a bounty of information to its membership ranging from intelligence on the latest models across a broad scope of products to the best practices in web-based operations.” He seconded, “These events enable us to keep members current with the constant changes on the web, such as the opportunities presented by rise of mobile device access and responsive web design, both of which can enhance ecommerce efforts.”
The Gervais Group, which was founded in 2001, has been designated as a preferred service provider for Nationwide Marketing Group’s members since 2012. As a recognized leader in the delivery of customized ecommerce solutions, the company develops cost-effective strategies that drive sales while also enhancing the brand of each of their client-companies.
The Gervais Group, a recognized leader in the execution of web development, internet marketing and reputation management strategies, is pleased to announce that it will be presenting two informative sessions covering the best practices in social media for businesses during Nationwide Marketing Group's "Prime Time" conference and trade show, which starts on March 3rd and runs through March 6th, 2013 in Las Vegas. The presentations, titled "Establish your R.E.I.G.N. over Social Media" will provide insight and information on how companies can successfully Reach out to their target market, Engage with customers, Interact, Get feedback, and Note progress.
Topics will include:
• An Introduction to Social Media – This discussion will cover how social media works, popular misconceptions, benefits, and risks of participating on social media platforms.
• How to Develop and Execute a Customized Social Media Strategy – This section of the presentation will help businesses in their preparation, building and execution of strategies that can build their brand, improve rankings on search engine results pages, engage with new and existing customers, and more.
• Metrics and Tools to Measure Social Media Initiatives – Information presented here will provide insights on the ways in which companies can keep their finger on the pulse of their social media initiatives.
• The next opportunities in social media – The presentation will close with a discussion of the ongoing evolution of social media and where the next opportunities for businesses will arise.
The Gervais Group, founded in 2001 and a strategic partner of the Nationwide Marketing Group, has built its industry leading reputation by delivering cost-effective and result oriented internet marketing solutions for companies across the full spectrum of business. Strategies are customized to each client company based on industry, products/services, related keywords, and a host of additional factors. Initiatives typically target the optimization of rankings on search engine results pages (SERPs), participation across a variety of social media platforms, distribution of high value content, and website design.
Nationwide Marketing Group's PrimeTime! Conference is held semi-annually and is attended by thousands of business owners, vendors, and dealers from across the country seeking updates on best practices, the latest industry trends, and networking. Nationwide Marketing Group members now total over 3,000 in number and generate an aggregate of $12 billion in revenues annually.
Said Jason Gervais, Senior Project Manager of the Gervais Group, "The entire team at Gervais Group is very excited about our participation with Nationwide Marketing Group at the PrimeTime event in Las Vegas". He added, "Being asked by Nationwide to speak at the event is quite an honor and we are looking forward to presenting high value information that can take the social media initiatives of those in attendance to the next level".
Presentations by the Gervais Group at the conference are scheduled for Monday, March 4th from 7:30am to 8:45am and Tuesday, March 5th from 9:00am to 10:15.
A customer relationship management (CRM) system can offer numerous benefits for independent electronics dealers, especially when the business deploys aggregated customer information to develop loyalty as opposed to generating sales. In many cases, an electronics dealer armed with a new and relatively expensive CRM system in place will initiate sequential sales programs and advertising to their customer base with an objective of immediately turning the new software into money maker. If you have ever registered with a company that started sending daily emails in which you had little or no interest, you have experienced the customer’s side of this type of full-scale sales offensive.
Rather than taking this approach, an electronics dealer can achieve far greater and longer lasting results by applying data derived from a CRM system toward building customer loyalty, which in turn will grow revenues and the bottom line. With a CRM system in place, customer loyalty can be built in numerous ways, including:
- Making a great first impression – The anonymity most customers feel when visiting or purchasing from a store is one of the first obstacles to building loyalty. This issue can be overcome via communications that recognize specific product preferences and cater to their values.
- Determining what the customer is seeking – Knowing what each customer is looking for can help to put your business in a position to offer products and services that meet their needs and preferences. While one group of customers may value discounted prices on items they purchase, others may seek extensive product knowledge from the business’ sales staff. By defining where customers find value, your business can provide it.
- Defining the most profitable customers – Tracking customers’ purchasing data can reveal your most profitable customers, who can be targeted with tailored and preferential offers.
Your CRM system can provide a variety of insights into your customers. By prioritizing loyalty before overt selling, your system can turn single customer purchases into long lasting and loyal relationships.